School Governing Body
The Governing Body are the strategic leaders of our school and have a vital role to play in making sure that every child gets the best possible education. The Governing Body has a strong focus on three core strategic functions:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance management of staff
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent
In doing so, the Governing Body undertake the following key activities:
- Understand our school
- Set our school’s strategic direction
- Commission action
- Performance manage our school leaders
- Check if we are fit for purpose
The Governing Body reconstituted in 2016 and there are now fourteen voting governors and two non voting associate governors:
- Two staff governors comprising the headteacher and one governor elected by the staff.
- Two parent governors elected by the parents.
- One local authority governor proposed by the local authority and appointed by the Governing Body.
- Nine co-opted governors who are appointed by the other governors based on their experience and contribution
- Two associate (non voting) governors
Mr Alexander Banks
Ms Jasy Loyal 25/November 2023 None
Dr V Gearson 24/November/2024 None
Child Protection and Safeguarding
Ms Helen Ruthven 31/August/2023 None
Ms Dariya Glazer 24/November/2024 None
Dr Hadassah Ryde 24/November/2024 None
Jacqui Zinkin 15/July/2023 None
Tina Harris 30/March/2025 None
Tatyana Arbuzov 30/March/2025 None
There is currently one parent governor vacancy
Gorana Henry 16/July/2022 None
CLERK TO THE GOVERNING BODY
River Park House, 3rd Floor
London N22 8HQ
Telephone: 020 8489 5030
The formal business of the governors, such as approving budgets and agreeing polices, takes place at its termly full Governing Body meeting, but most of the work of the governing body is done through day-to-day interaction with the school, and in its four committees.
- the Wellbeing and Community Committee focuses on the areas of safeguarding and pastoral care of the children.
- the Standards and Attainment Committee oversees the teaching and learning within the school, monitoring the levels of attainment and achievement by the children.
- the Finance and Premises Committee ensures that the school's funds are being properly used, and that the building and grounds are attractive and well maintained.
- the Staffing Committee oversees the staff structure and performance
GOVERNOR MEETING ATTENDANCE 2018 – 2021
|Name of Governor||26/11/2018||26/03/2019||16/07/2019||26/11/2019||24/03/2020||14/07/2020||24/11/2020|
|Alexander Banks||Present||Present||Present||Present||due to||Present||Present|