Reading with your Child
Tips for reading with your child
- Find a quiet time to sit together & share books. Try to avoid times when your child may be tired and unengaged.
- Look at the front cover and talk about what the book might be about
- If it is an information book, talk about the Contents and Index pages and what they are used for
- Allow your child the time and space to talk about the pictures, read the words (if able) and discuss the story, i.e. the setting, the characters, what happens?
- This should be a special time, please do not feel that your child has to read if they are resisting.
- Most importantly, enjoy the activity of sharing and talking about books.
PLEASE BRING YOUR CHILD'S BOOK BAG EACH DAY SO THEY CAN CHANGE THEIR BOOK