School Business Leader
Salary: Barnet’s Unified Reward Level 3 Grade J £45,021 to £50,031 Pro rata (Pay Award Pending)
Hours: We can offer flexible working hours up to 30 hours per week and working weeks up to 44 weeks annually (51.7 weeks including holidays and bank holidays).
Holidays: 30 days to be taken during school holiday periods
Start date: January 2024 or as soon as possible thereafter
Due to the retirement of our School Business Leader in February 2024, we are searching for a positive and organised School Business Leader to join our happy and collaborative school.
The main purpose of the job is to manage all aspects of the school’s non-teaching functions, including financial planning/management, human resources, procurement, IT, facilities management and health & safety. You will have management responsibilities for our administrative team and caretaker. You will work with other finance specialists employed to support the school, and you will be fully supported by our administrative team and Senior Leadership Team.
- have relevant qualifications or experience, ideally a school business management specific qualification or similar;
- have an understanding of HR legislation and procedures;
- be able to support staff and manage systems;
- be able to find creative solutions to problems;
- have excellent communication skills, and the ability to liaise effectively with different stakeholders and service providers;
- have the ability to plan, persuade, motivate, negotiate and influence;
- be committed to continuing professional development;
- be committed to equal opportunities and effective safeguarding.
We can offer you:
- A happy and friendly school with enthusiastic children that are proud of their school.
- Flexible working hours and weeks.
- Supportive and collaborative staff and governors.
- Full school specific induction.
- A great working environment to continue your leadership and management skills.
- Excellent opportunities for continuing professional development.
How to apply:
We welcome visits from anyone interested in applying. To arrange a visit, please email email@example.com with your telephone number and preferred date/time, and we will call you to arrange the visit.
Please download the job description / person specification and application form. Completed application forms should be emailed for the attention of Alexander Banks, Headteacher, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we do not accept CV applications.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday, 28th November 2023
Interviews will take place on Tuesday, 5th December 2023
Wessex Gardens Primary and Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We value and celebrate the cultural diversity of our school community, and we seek to promote equality of opportunity for all applicants.
This position is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended 2013 and 2020). Should you be successful in your application, any offer of employment will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, two good safeguarding references (one of which must be from the current or most recent employer), medical clearance and a 6-month probationary period. Disclosures include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions, spent or unspent.
The school complies with the DBS code of practice and has a DBS Policy which outlines the policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders, both of which are available on request. Shortlisted candidates will be required to declare any relevant convictions, adult cautions or other matters which may affect your suitability to work with children. As a result of amendments to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (exceptions order 1975) in 2013 and 2020, some minor offences are now protected (filtered) and do not need to be disclosed – these offences will also not be taken into account by the school.