Welfare / teaching assistant
Come and join our friendly, committed and hard-working school. We are a two-form entry diverse primary school with a nursery in Golders Green, North West London. We are committed to providing the best possible learning opportunity for our children to ensure that the achievement of every single child matches their potential.
We are looking for a caring and inspirational Welfare / Teaching Assistant who is committed to providing medical support to our children. We need someone who is inclusive and who will support our children’s medical needs.
You will need to be an enthusiastic and motivated person who has:
- a full and relevant NVQ level 2 qualification and/or experience of working with primary aged children;
- a genuine liking for, and interest in, children and their wellbeing;
- excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- the ability to develop positive and effective relationships with children, parents/carers, staff and visitors;
- a good understanding of medical care;
- the ability to work effectively as part of a team;
- a positive, helpful, caring and understanding nature;
- a commitment to undertake training to continually learn.
The successful candidate will be welcomed into a vibrant school community with enthusiastic and well-behaved children who enjoy learning. We provide excellent opportunities for professional development.
We welcome visits to the school. Please contact the school office on 020 8455 9572, or email email@example.com to arrange a suitable time.
Please download the job profile / person specification and application form below.
The completed application form and personal statement should be either posted to the school at the above address or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Noon on Wednesday, 25th September 2019
Interview date: Tuesday, 1st October 2019
Wessex Gardens Primary and Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people, and all staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment. We value and celebrate the cultural diversity of our school community and we seek to promote equality of opportunity for all applicants.
All appointments are subject to two good references (one of which must be from a current or most recent employer), enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service clearance and medical clearance.